TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any person, delegate, accompanying person, student, media representative, speaker, or exhibitor who is present at the National Shared Mobility Summit (“NSMS”) automatically agrees to the terms and conditions set forth below (the “Terms and Conditions”). These Terms and Conditions apply to each person (the “Attendee”) regardless of whether they have received a formal registration.
NSMS reserves the right to render, in its sole and absolute discretion, all interpretations and decisions in connection with the Terms and Conditions and to establish further regulations binding upon the Attendee as may be deemed necessary to the general success and wellbeing of the Summit and/or any person(s) affiliated therewith. NSMS’s decisions and interpretations shall be final in all cases.
REFUND POLICY FOR SUMMIT REGISTRATIONS
Refunds for Summit registration may be requested in writing up to 30 business days before the start of the event, February 20, 2020. A registration may be transferred to another individual, provided that this individual is not already registered, the registration is for the same Summit, and the individual qualifies for the same type of registration being transferred. Send refund and registration transfer requests to email@example.com
RULES, REGULATIONS, & ATTENDEE CONDUCT
Attendee agrees to abide by all fire, safety, and health regulations of the local, city, state, Summit hotels, and Summit centers where the Summit is held. Attendee must comply with all applicable federal, state, and local ordinances, as well as NSMS policies and procedures as set forth below. Participants who violate such rules and/or who behave in an unsafe or careless manner while attending the Summit may be asked to leave immediately and will be held responsible for their actions. The Attendee acknowledges that such violations may result in the Attendee being removed from the Summit and barred from returning without refund of the Attendee’s registration fee. The Attendee likewise acknowledges and agrees that all attendees of the Summit have the right to enjoy the Summit equally. Illegal or disruptive behavior that interferes with the conduct of reasonable business at the Summit, or any other attendee’s safety or comfort, including behavior that impedes or prevents accessibility services or requests, behavior that discriminates based on age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, political or institutional affiliation, or sexual orientation, and harassment of any kind, is strictly prohibited and may result in the Attendee being removed from the Summit and barred from returning without refund of the Attendee’s registration fee. Such violations may be reported to legal authorities. If you witness a crime or have an emergency that requires the police, please call 911.
To the extent permitted by law, the Attendee agrees to protect, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NSMS, CSI-DMC, the Summit hotel(s) and convention centers where the Summit is being held, and their respective employees, officers, directors, and agents against all claims, losses, or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, and costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or connected to the actions or failure to act in accordance with the Terms and Conditions by the Attendee, its employees, officers, directors, or agents, except those claims arising out of the other party’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
NSMS is committed to making all reasonable arrangements that will allow all attendees to participate in Summit events. All meeting rooms at the Summit are wheelchair accessible and have seats in the first row marked as reserved for individuals with accessibility needs. Attendees who require onsite assistance during the Summit should request it from personnel at NSMS’s registration desk at the Hyatt Regency McCormick.
LOST REGISTRATION BADGE
The Attendee’s registration badge must be worn at all times during the Summit. Access to the Summit facilities will not be granted to those without proper credentials. If an Attendee loses, misplaces, or forgets his or her registration, a replacement fee of $10.00 will be charged for the creation of a new one. Once the new registration is released to the Attendee, the lost registration will become invalid.
MODIFICATION OF THE SUMMIT PROGRAM
NSMS reserves the right to modify the program, which is published as an indication only.
REGISTRATION, HOTEL, & TRAVEL ACCOMMODATIONS
Registration includes admission to NSMS’s meetings, panels, and public receptions for the duration of the Summit period. Meals, lodging, and travel are not included. Hotel accommodations are subject to availability and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
If there is a determination that any part of the Terms and Conditions is ineffective or impracticable, then the validity of the Terms and Conditions remaining is not impaired.
PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMING
Professional photographs, audio, and video will be captured during the Summit. Attendees hereby grant NSMS and its representatives permission to photograph and/or record them at the Summit, and distribute (both now and in the future) the Attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
PHOTOGRAPHY OR RECORDING USAGE BY ATTENDEES
NSMS appreciates all coverage of the Summit. Photography, audio recordings, and video recordings are not permitted without the prior written consent of NSMS. All requests for press passes must be made in advance of the Summit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Passes may be available at the NSMS Help Desk based on need and availability. Press credentials are required for the issuance of a press pass, and NSMS requires that a copy of all published material be submitted to email@example.com.
Attendance at the Summit is subject to acts of God, government authority, disaster, or other emergencies, any of which make it illegal or impossible for NSMS, the Summit hotel(s), or convention centers to provide the facilities and/or services for the Summit or make it illegal or impossible for the Attendee to utilize the hotels or convention centers for the Summit. A registration may be cancelled for any one or more of such reasons by written notice from NSMS to the Attendee without liability on the part of NSMS.
If the Summit cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of NSMS, NSMS shall not be liable to the Attendee for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, or financial losses. Under such circumstances, an Attendee may choose to have their registration fee refunded in full.
EXHIBITOR & SPONSOR
● The Exhibitor/Sponsor agrees to abide by all rules & regulations adopted by National Shared Mobility Summit (NSMS) Organizers prior to, during, or after the summit.
● Space rental fees are due in full by the date indicated on the Exhibit Space form unless otherwise specified. Exhibitors/Sponsors will not be allowed to move into the summit unless the aforesaid condition is met. If the payment is returned by a bank due to insufficient funds, a $40.00 administration fee will be charged to the Exhibitor/Sponsor.
● The NSMS Organizers reserve the right in individual cases to waive compliance with any rule or regulation at any time.
● Space contracts are valid for the 2020 summit only.
● If there is damage to the Hyatt Regency McCormick’s floor or walls, the Exhibitor/Sponsor will be responsible for any repair costs.
● The Exhibitor/Sponsor agrees to occupy the contracted space during the full term of the summit. Display materials must not encroach upon adjacent exhibits.
● No materials which are dangerous by reason of their combustible or explosive nature will be accepted or admitted.
● NSMS Organizers will not be liable for any loss to an exhibit due to the negligence of Exhibitors, Sponsors, Officials or Attendees.
● Notice of cancellation for exhibits must be in writing and received at least thirty (30) business days prior to the opening date of the summit. Cancellation, for any reason within 30 business days of opening day will result in forfeiture of all monies paid. Cancellation, for any reason, prior to 30 business days from opening day will result in an administrative fee of $100 per booth being withheld from refund of any monies paid to cover administrative costs incurred by NSMS Organizers. This also includes contracts signed after the cancellation deadline.
● Space rental must be paid in full prior to move-in.
● In the event that the Hyatt Regency McCormick place is destroyed or becomes unavailable for occupancy for reasons beyond the control of NSMS Organizers, or if for any reason Organizers are unable to permit the Exhibitor/Sponsor to occupy the facility or space, or if the summit is cancelled or curtailed, NSMS Organizers will not be responsible for any loss of business, loss of profits, damage or expense that the Exhibitor/Sponsor may suffer. The reasons include but are not limited to fire, explosion, flood, weather or other Acts of God, acts of public enemies, riots or civil disturbances, strike, lockout or boycott.
● The Exhibitor/Sponsor accepts all risks associated with the use of the exhibit space, making no claim or demand or taking any legal action whatsoever against NSMS Organizers, Summit sponsors, or the facility in which the show is held, for any loss, damage or injury howsoever cause, to the Exhibitor/Sponsor, its officers, employees, agents or their property.
● The Exhibitor/Sponsor shall indemnify NSMS Organizers including SUMC and CSI-DMC, from and against all claims and demands, costs and charges of every kind resulting from their occupancy of the exhibit space or area, for personal injuries, death, property damage or any other damage sustained by the Exhibitor/Sponsor or its officers, employees or those for whom in law are responsible, or visitors to the summit.
FOR TOUR PARTICIPANTS
I wish to participate in the Shared Use Mobility Summit tours. In signing this release, I acknowledge that I understand its intent, and I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and representatives, do hereby agree and will absolve and hold harmless the Shared Use Mobility Center, the event sponsors, cooperating organizations,CSI-DMC, and any other parties connected with this event in anyway together with their respective successors and assigns (the “Sponsors”) singularly and collectively, from and against any blame and liability for any injury, harm, loss, inconvenience or any other damage of any kind whatsoever, which may result from or be connected in any way to my participation in the conference tours.
I am physically capable of participating in the tours. I acknowledge that I, and I alone, am solely responsible for my personal health and safety, and the personal property I bring with me. I will read the event description and the rules of participation in the event and I will abide by all rules and regulations established by event organizers and personnel. If scheduled for the bike tour, I understand that SUMC will not be providing helmet or other safety equipment and it is my responsibility to bring a helmet and/or assume responsibility for my safety and well being.I consent to and permit emergency medical treatment in the event of illness or injury, including transportation to a medical facility, and will be responsible for any and all related costs.
I give the Shared Use Mobility Center and the Tour Sponsors permission to use my name and any photograph, voice or likeness of me during the event in any promotional materials or publications. I consent to and authorize in advance such use and waive my rights of privacy in connection therewith.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for https://sharedusemobilitycenter.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
● What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
● What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
● The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
● How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
SUMC (Shared Use Mobility Center) is the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order or fulfil a sponsorship.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on this website or through contact information below:
● See what data we have about you, if any.
● Change/correct any data we have about you.
● Have us delete any data we have about you.
● Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Shared-Use Mobility Center
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 570
Chicago, IL 60654
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site, our association, and annual conference.